- The company or nonprofit may not hold an unsatisfactory record with any BBB.
- A nonprofit must meet your BBB’s Standards for Charity Accountability.
- The organization must do business in your BBB’s service area of Montgomery, Preble, Darke, Clark, Greene, Miami, Shelby and northern Warren counties.
- The organization must have been in existence for 18 months.
- BBB Business Accreditation is not a requirement.
- If your organization has been the object of major lawsuits, including class action suits or government actions in the past three years, this information must be disclosed as part of your entry.
- To be eligible as a nonprofit, your 501(c)3 organization must solicit funds directly from the public.
- Organizations with representatives serving on the Eclipse Integrity Award planning committee cannot complete nominations.
- Organizations serving as major sponsors of the Eclipse Integrity Awards (principal and Students of Integrity) may not apply.
- Organizations which have previously won the honor may not reapply for a five year period.
- Entries should include a cover sheet and up to a five-page, double-space, typed summary that:
- Explains why your firm merits being an Eclipse Integrity Award winner;
- Highlights specific business and management practices relevant to the award;
- Illustrates your firm’s commitment to fair and honest conduct in the marketplace; and,
- Two of the five pages detail your organization's position regarding business/individual integrity and ethical practices.
- Nonprofit entries must be able to demonstrate measurable outcome results, ethical and responsible fundraising, fiscal responsibility and their importance to the overall vitality and health of our community.
- If you’d like to review past winners’ nominations, contact Sheri Sword at your Better Business Bureau by e-mailing email@example.com or calling (937) 610-2277.
- Entries should be submitted on 8.5" x 11" paper and the total entry is limited to a two-inch, three-ring binder.
- There are four categories in the judging. Use tabs to separate the binder into four sections corresponding to the judging criteria and include materials that demonstrate your company’s strengths regarding each of the criteria, such as mission statement, code of ethics, publications, news articles, advertising, recognition letters, customer testimonials, etc.
- Include an electronic file of your organization's logo. Acceptable formats are .jpg, .psd, .eps and .tif.
- Please retain a copy of your complete entry. Entries become the property of your BBB and cannot be returned.
Attend one of our Eclipse Integrity Award nomination seminars for a chance to meet past winners and get tips on how they made their nominations successful. The dates of the 2014 seminars are: January 9 or Feburary 7.
Call (937) 610-2277 for more information.
- Entries for your Better Business Bureau Eclipse Integrity Awards will be reviewed by a panel of judges independent of your BBB’s staff and board of directors.
- Judges will make personal visits to award finalists.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- Judges may choose not to issue an award if, in their estimation, no entry has clear merit.
Winners will be announced at the Eclipse Integrity Awards dinner on May 13, 2014 at the David H. Ponitz Sinclair Center.
Benefits Of Being Named A Winner Or Finalist
The Eclipse Integrity Awards are one of the most prestigious in the Miami Valley. No where else can an organization be recognized for trust and high ethical standards. The winners are announced at a dinner attended by 550 local business leaders. They proudly display the award, realize increased pride and a strong sense of accomplishment, as well as employee pride. Winners also benefit from media exposure. Winners can promote the accomplishment by using the award logo in promotional pieces.
“Winning the Eclipse Integrity Award in 2013 was a highlight for our staff, who valued the recognition that the Eclipse Integrity Award brings to their commitment to our hospice mission and values. More than that, participation in the competition challenged us to evaluate ourselves through a new prism, offering insights into strengths and weaknesses to inspire organizational improvement. It is a most worthwhile endeavor.” Kent Anderson, Hospice of Dayton, 2013 Nonprofit Winner
“Winning the award was quite satisfying to all the employees of Possert Construction and a great legacy for my retired father to see us achieve. It was great getting recognized for how our company operates day in and day out and our company has operated that way since my father’s purchase in September of 1989. We always try to do the right thing, even when people aren’t looking. We aren’t perfect but we always try to make it right. Possert Construction will continue to operate the same as we always have, by treating every job as if it is our home and how we would want to be treated. If you continue to do that as a company and build it into the culture from top to bottom, you cannot go wrong. We thank the Better Business Bureau for this recognition and will forever continue making the community proud.” Gary Shooter, co-owner, Possert Construction Co., 2013 Eclipse Integrity Award Winner (11-25 Employees)
“Here at Prime Time Party Rental, we have always taken great pride in providing the best customer service in the industry, and being recognized with the Better Business Bureau Eclipse Integrity award, just solidifies the fact that it is our mission to go above and beyond! Completing our nomination was no easy task, but it has been incredibly worthwhile and has helped us to make Prime Time Party Rental a lasting name in the Dayton area! We encourage all businesses to go through the process and take their companies to the next level!” Bart Nye, owner, Prime Time Party Rental, Inc., 2013 Eclipse Integrity Award Winner (26-99 Employees)
Business nominations will be divided into four award categories based on number of employees. The categories will be small, medium, large and extra-large companies. There will also be two nonprofit award categories based on number of employees - a small and large category.