The incoming advertising specialist for the BBB will use his/her dynamic personality and sales ability in an existing markets to generate the use of the BBB Search Engine Solution (SES). The advertising specialist will be a leader in a sales/performance-based organization and culture that has grown rapidly in the past few years and help generate and develop sales in the marketplace. The advertising specialist must be able to not only market the BBB SES story and increase sales, but help develop your BBB’s position as the category leader delivering technology-enabled, full-service online marketing solutions
to small and medium businesses in the market. The advertising specialist will help lead by generating sales and add to the already significant traction your BBB has achieved in the market.
The advertising specialist reports directly to the VP of Business Relations, who maintains the program on both a local and national level. This role calls for a skill set that goes well beyond the traditional sales profile to create excitement in the office and territory throughout which your BBB is recognized as a major force in the marketplace. Your BBB is looking for a tactful, but aggressive salesperson with the confidence, passion and drive necessary to help build a leading sales team.
- Develop, manage and execute a successful sales cycle, selling the core line of technology-based marketing products/services.
- Proactively assume a role in developing and executing strategies to build a phenomenal book of residually-paid commission by focusing on Accredited Business’ needs and retention.
- Execute day-to-day call cycle management, using a wide variety of techniques, from traditional advertising sales philosophies to highly technical consultative sales techniques.
- Build a strong customer base.
- Track results and communicate to senior management.
- Identify and coordinate potential business with the VP of Business Relations.
- Ensure consistency with the message of your BBB on a daily basis.
- Cultivate and exploit highly productive relationships within the region.
- Identify and build relationships within networks.
- 1-3 years of sales experience.
- Proven record of success in developing and delivering significant sales growth in the local market.
- Solid knowledge of ad sales.
- Experience with all facets of building and executing a successful sales desk.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to build sales knowledge and tell the BBB story from the beginning and effectively sell a complex solution in very simple terms.
- Strong time management skills.
- Minimum undergraduate degree or significant sales leadership, advertising, marketing or related field experience.
Send Resume To:
VP of Business Relations
Better Business Bureau
15 West Fourth Street, Ste. 300
Dayton, OH 45402
No telephone calls.
Equal Opportunity Employer